Thursday 7 March 2013

Anastacia Fighting Breast Cancer For A Second Time


Anastacia has thanked her fans for their support after she revealed she had been diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time. Thousands of people have been leaving messages on her Facebook page, expressing their shock and wishing her well.

The 44-year-old I'm Outta Love singer said she was fighting the disease, but admitted this time the battle was hard. In a tweet she said of the cancer: "Yes it has come back, yes i'm fighting it, but ths time the battle is a pretty intense. Thank U 4 yr luv&prayers."

On Anastacia's Facebook page, Chrissie Jatta said: "So sad to hear this news. I can count the number of female vocalists I like on one hand but you have always been my number one. "You are classy, beautiful and have the most amazing voice with such power. That power comes from within and you can fight this again. We are all with you." Cecere Gerardo said: "You are a strong girl, you beat it once and you will beat it again. See you on the stage soon. XXX." Maria Nebbioso said: "Anastacia dear, you're a wonderful person and an artist great, I know for sure how to touch the strings of my soul. "In this battle against cancer, you will emerge winner, including having to fight, because you positive energy to spare, and I in my small way, I will pray for you. I love you beautiful soul." And Jan Paul said: "Im a fan from the old days and im shocked."

The singer, who was first diagnosed with the disease in 2003, was due to kick off the tour with a performance in London on April 6. She said: "I feel so awful to be letting down all my amazing fans who were looking forward to It's A Man's World Tour. It just breaks my heart to disappoint them."

A spokesman for the star said she would continue writing and recording her new album and hoped to schedule a new tour as soon as possible. He added that she aimed "to make a full recovery with the support of her family, friends and everyone around her" and asked for her privacy to be respected "during such a trying time".

No comments:

Post a Comment